You can now enter the 2021-22 cross country championship! The cost for all nine races is just £20!
Enter using the form lower down this page - the deadline for entries is 30th September.
You will be issued with two race numbers; one for the Manchester Area League and
one for the South East Lancs League.
Please note the following important points:
- You will reuse the same number for every fixture in each league, so don't throw
- The numbers for the Manchester Area and South East Lancs leagues are different - ensure
you wear the correct number for the race you are taking part in! You will be disqualified
if you wear the wrong number for a race.
- If you lose your number, you will be charged for a replacement. The cost is £3 for a replacement
Manchester Area League number, and £1 for a replacement South East Lancs league number.
How championship standings are calculated
When calculating the club championship standings, the first consideration is an individual's
- Those who have fulfilled the qualification criteria are ranked highest;
- Those who have not fulfilled the qualification criteria but can still do
so given the races that remain are ranked next; then
- Those who have not and cannot fulfil the qualification criteria are ranked
The second consideration is the number of points that an individual has, with
the lower the number of points, the better. 1 point is awarded for a first-place
finish, 2 points are awarded for a second-place finish, 3 points for third and
so on. Points are only awarded to qualifiers (and those who can still qualify);
the points awarded will be recalculated as the championship progresses. So, if
an individual wins a race but then does not complete enough races to qualify,
the people finishing behind that person will be shifted up a place.
Where a person has completed more than the requisite number of races needed to
qualify, their points score will consist of their best results, with their worst
results being discarded. This does not affect the award of points to other
runners; the result is only discarded for the individual - it is not discarded
when calculating the points awarded to others.
If runners are tied on points, the final consideration is their head-to-head
performances - the person with more wins relative to those who they are tied
with on points is ranked highest.
If runners cannot be separated by head-to-head performances, the result is
adjudged to be a tie.